A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole bunch of YARN! This is Me! This is my life.....

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Moment of Insanity...


I started a short sleeved top-down cardi......last weekend, the weekend before???

Simple enough. Cast on 84 stitches. Knit in stockinette for 9 and a half inches. Easy peasy!

Lalalalala.......14 millions years later....I finally reach the 9 and a half inches and this is where the insaneness begins...

I must place all these stitches on a holder and then proceed to pick up 26 stiches twice on the other side...

After a "laundry mat lesson" from Lishy I managed to pick up the stitches using a crochet hook and using some very choice words.....MANY CHOICE WORDS!!!

Was very proud of myself till I saw I picked up the stitches using a circular needle and the needle was not just twisted in the middle of the two sections, the sections were backwards from each other!!!

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS???

Used another needle to move half the stitches and replace them correctly onto needle.

Knit two rows! And... it looks good. I picked up good teacher Lishy! Wooooooooo

But does the insanity end there? No, of course not. I am knitting this thing which looks like a crazy jumble...similar to my life...with two circular needles hanging out of it and 2 balls of yarn attached and.....I read further into the directions....when I get done with the two fronts I have to place them on holders too.....meaning I am gonna have 4 needles poking out of the thing.....

YEAH RIGHT!

We shall see if I can tackle this and succeed or will it get thrown across the room.

I need a drink now or some chocolate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....oh my oh my oh my
And here I was proud that I could adjust my sweater pattern to fit my shoulders.

There may not have any advice I could give you on the knitting but I would suggest a drink AND choclate

I did read ahead in my instructions and I'm going to have to pick up 58 stitches when I attach the sleeves then finish the neck.Yes I'm planning on lots of life lines............and rum

Lost Lishy said...

Honey, that's what holders are for lol.

The lace up sweater is nearly done!

Anonymous said...

ummmm......I kinda stitched up the arm hole in mine